This game is unlike any other you have played before. It is about finding the ideal formula: the most suitable combination of various heroes, formation and researches each with its own unique strength and weakness. When the chemistry is right, the magic will happen.
Here are the different ingredients that make up the perfect “build”.
When you first log in, just choose your starting Hero and follow the tutorial to get yourself familiarized with the game. If you think you've got the hang of it on your own, you can click "Skip Tutorial" at the bottom to move ahead.
Here's a summary of what you should do first:
You start with 200 Gold, 50 Battle Points and 1000 Silver. Click “Add Building Team” on the left side and buy your next Building Team. Next, click the “Army” button, go to the Training page, and buy 2 more Training Slots. You can only have 3 Building teams and 3 Training Slots before upgrading your VIP level.
Slow and Steady is the way to be
In Chronicles of Merlin, steady development is the key. If you try to level your City Hall too fast, or jump forward to a new Region too soon, you will find yourself way out of your Alliance.
1. Building Order: Upgrade your City Hall to level 2 for the Armory to appear. Upgrade the Armory to level 2, then upgrade City Hall to level 3. Remember, your Build Team cooldown will get longer as they engage in more building tasks in a single day and get fatigued.
2. Train your Heroes: Click the Tower of Trails, choose 20 minutes and then select "Rigorous Mode" (free the first time) and click "Add Exp"(requires Battle Points, defeat AI Armies in Campaign to earn more). VIP players can gain access to 200% or 250% Training Modes.
3. Buy and Upgrade Gear: Click on your Armory and buy 1 Copper Sword. Click "Upgrade" to upgrade the sword. You’ll have to wait 5 minutes before upgrading again. (The success rate is 100% in the first region, but in the next region you will have to deal with a changing success rate.)
4. AI Armies in Campaign: This is the main storyline of the game. Click "Campaign" in the lower right to see the Campaign map. Defeat one army at a time as you progress towards the Boss of the Stage. The armies will become more difficult as you get closer to the Boss. Click the nearest army and then click "Attack" to mount your attack. The attacker has the advantage of attacking first. After the battle, return to your City and upgrade your Tower of Trails and Armory again. The countdown timer located next to your Banners count is the amount of time remaining before you can engage in another battle. Again, fatigue plays a part here; the more you battle in a day, the longer you will have to wait between each battle.
5. Quests: Click "Quests" in the lower right corner. Quests update often as you progress through the game, so check here often. You must accept Quests before you can earn credit for completing the objectives. There are lots of Quests to guide you through upgrading your buildings and getting started, with serious Silver rewards to boot. For the first 5 levels upgrade your City Hall, Armory, and Tower of Trials to level 5; Residences to level 3; and Treasury to level 4 to finish all available quests and get your silver reward. From levels 5-9 just keep steadily upgrading your City Hall.
6. Alliances: Once your City Hall reaches level 5 you will unlock Alliance Quests. Click "Alliances" in the lower right corner to browse a list of Alliances. Choose one and "Apply" now! The higher the level the better, but don't be too ambitious. You can also use 100 Battle Points to create your own Alliance.
7. Enlightenment: Click "Army" in the lower right corner and go to the Enlighten tab. There are several Enlighten modes, the first takes only Battle Points but has a rather small effect. The 2 Gold mode is the most economical, it can raise one stat very high. The 20 Gold mode gives a chance to boost all 3 stats higher than their current level.
8. Taxes: You can collect taxes 12 times each day (15 during Spring). The cooldown between collections will increase each time you collect during the day. The main determinants of tax revenue are your Residence levels and Counting House level. There is also a small chance of reaping Gold whenever you collect taxes. Hint: When you're first starting out, try to save your tax collection for later in the day, after you've already leveled your residences and counting houses for the day.
Normal Attack - Siege HeroEdit
Gambit Attack – Single Target Gambit HeroesEdit
Gambit Attack – DefenderEdit
Gear: The most important ingredientEdit
Match the right Gear with the right HeroEdit
While each Hero can have at most 6 pieces of gear, it is not necessary and most
Upgrade your Gear!Edit
You must upgrade your gear as it adds tremendously to your stats. For example
the Bronze Shortsword starts off with a base +11 Normal Attack, at the next
level it will add +10 Normal Attack. That almost doubles the amount of Normal
Attack! The growth rate and the level of the Gear is much more important than
the starting stat of your gear. For example, a “Bronze Shortsword +30” has +311
Normal Attack while a “Silver Longsword +30” has +330 Attack, nearly the same!
Know Your Formations!Edit
Watch the Battle ReportsEdit
Click here for continue on to the Next Guide